Liebster Award


So this post is a little different from my usual ones :)
I've been nominated by Yummy Feed for the Liebster award! 
What is a Liebster Award? It's an award given to new bloggers by other bloggers to give them recognition :)

When nominated, you answer 10 questions and nominate some other bloggers! There are also a few rules:
1. Nominated bloggers must have less than 200 followers
2. They must create a blog post with a link back the blogger who nominated you
3. Create your own set of questions for your nominated blogger or bloggers 

So here are my questions from Meli and Jon:

1. Why did you start your blog?
After being encouraged by sister to start my first blog (Naomi Loo Design), I created Make-Bake-Travel so I could share my journey with my readers, focussing on food I've eaten, things I've baked and places I've travelled.

2. What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of blogging?
What makes me happy is seeing that my posts are being read all around the world :) It's always interesting to see where my readers are. My least favourite aspect? Not having enough time to write the post when I want to! I'm usually blogging on the train, on the way to work, just to keep up to date!

3. What advice would you offer to someone just starting up a blog?
Everyone has a different style of writing but I think it's always important to be you. Find your interests and blog about them, whether it be about food, how to cope with an allergy or a trip somewhere, you never know who it might help :)

4. What or who is your favourite blogging resource?
I'm not sure if I'm answering this correctly but I'd have to say I often find myself looking at fashion blogs even though I love food! I think Extra Petite and Wendy's Lookbook would be my favourite two blogs.

5. If you were to hold a dinner party of 10, what would you cook and who would you invite and why? (They can be living or dead)
Wow this is a toughie. I've always dreamed about cooking for my family and my boyfriend's when I buy my first house so they would be my 10 guests. I would make wonton soup for starters, roast pork with a sage and thyme stuffing, roast potatoes, garlic brussel sprouts and gravy for mains. Since I'm more of a baker I'd probably whip up a Ferrero Rocher chocolate cake or my no-bake chocolate strawberry tart with an Oreo base for dessert (recipe here) if I'm running out of time :p

6. If there was one thing about your blog that you could improve what would it be?
My HTML knowledge so I could edit the layout! I've been meaning to include a separate page so all my recipes can be found easily. Guess that can be my resolution.

7. Which country would be your ideal food heaven?
I would say Malaysia as my parents are from there and we used to go back every year! Food would be the best part of the holiday and we would always come back a few pounds heavier (not just our luggage). For those who haven't been, I recommend roti canai, mangosteen and for those daring enough - ice kacang and durian :)

8. If you did a paid campaign (or series of campaigns), who would be your dream sponsor?
Mary Berry! Hopefully I'd be able to get some secret recipes and tips from her too :p

9. Name the best and worst moments you’ve experience during your blogging journey
Best moments would be being spotted by Zomato and then invited to #ZomatoMeetups for lots of delicious food! I've been lucky enough not to have any negative moments but I remember designing my logo took longer than I had hoped!

10. Where do you want your blog to be in 1 year?
I would like my blog to reach more readers in different countries and my layout to be sorted :)

Right my turn to nominate some bloggers! I know it's not always easy to keep a blog up to date so I've kept the numbers down and here are my three :)

Carol - Snow Bunny's Knits 
Carine - Carine Ottou

Questions:
1. What's made you really laugh recently?
2. If you had to choose one food to live on what would it be?
3. What did you want to be when you were little?
3. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
4. What is the best thing you've ever done?
5. Three things you can't live without?
6. Name a destination that's on your list to visit and why
7. Who or what inspires you the most?
8. What is your favourite recipe? 
9. What keeps you blogging?
10. If you could chose anywhere to live, where would it be?

Comments

Popular Posts