Lanka Patisserie

The great thing about working in Camden is that there are lots of different places to eat. With a constant craving for cake, I am always seeking out a new place to try :)

I discovered Lanka on Google as there used to be one in Primrose Hill but now it only exists in Swiss Cottage. It's a French-Japanese patisserie, which sells lots of pretty cakes and teas inside.

I honestly couldn't decide which cake to have so I came back the next day! (That's how indecisive I am). After much deliberation, I went for the Green Tea and Azuki Pudding. She packed it up in a cute little box and I couldn't wait to eat at my desk. 

Now I know the cake looks like an avocado that's been left out too long but it tasted much better than what my camera captured I assure you. 

It had a rich, creamy, buttery texture and flavour with a subtle hint of green tea. The azuki beans added a crunchier texture and a sweet but savoury nutty flavour. 

I plan on going back to try the rest of the cakes :) 

Comments

Popular Posts