Truc Vert - Mayfair

After being given a £50 voucher and asked to write a review on Truc Vert, I was so excited to be treated to a delicious dinner, courtesy of Zomato :)

Walking in, I was automatically greeted by a friendly waitress who revealed we had walked in to the wrong restaurant, when she couldn't find our booking! Oops! But apparently it happens quite a lot :p
Next door, Truc Vert awaited. I was pleased to find that they had reserved two tables for me so I could choose which one I would like :) I decided to take the one by the window with the large candle. Little did I know it gets a bit chilly in that area and the table was rather wobbly..

I'd definitely recommend the apple and pear juice, it has a sweet and subtle taste. But if you're looking for a sharp but refreshing drink then the apple and elderflower juicewould do nicely. 

None of the starters seemed to excite me so I decided to go for just the Duo of Duck, whilst my boyfriend went for the Lamb Cutlet.
We were given a complimentary basket of bread and butter to nibble on whilst waiting for our mains :) When they did arrive, I couldn't wait to taste them! 

Now I'm not keen on lamb but I must say the cutlets were good! Succulent, tender and perfectly seasoned with mint and rosemary. My only criticism were the charred parts of the lamb. It was so burnt, I thought my teeth were going to break after one bite! The cauliflower mash that came with it was very good. It was smooth yet had the crumbly texture and flavour of feta cheese. 

My Duo of Duck was amazing. The gravy was sweet and rich and I could have drank it with a straw! The duck breast, which was sliced was tender and cooked perfectly. The buttery, garlic kale that came with it was so good, I had to try not to eat it all one go! The sweet potato mash was very light and smooth and went well with everything. The duck leg, which was covered in a sticky glaze, I found to be drier and not as tasty as the duck breast. 
We were too full for dessert but if you're got room, here's what the desserts menu looks like :)

When it came to paying for the meal, there was no hassle and even an option to receive £5 off the bill using the Zapper app. 

If you are planning on visiting, ask for Irene to be your waitress, she's lovely :)
Overall it was an enjoyable evening, thank you Zomato :)

Comments

Popular Posts