Sketch, Aqua Kyoto and Dirty Martini

To celebrate my sister getting married the girls and I organised a food-filled day out in London for her hen do :)

Sketch
First stop - afternoon tea at this unique restaurant located near Oxford Circus station. I've been wanting to go to this place for years so couldn't wait to try everything! 

We all choose the Disney themed afternoon tea - Into The Woods. For £39 per person, you get a selection of freshly made sandwiches (smoked salmon and Jacob's cream, cucumber and ricotta, Prince pesto panini and mozzarella, egg and mayonnaise with caviar and quail egg), plain and sultana scones, a colourful selection of cakes (cheesecake, macaroons, sponge cake, meringue and marshmallows) and a choice of unlimited tea.
If you have any allergies, you will need to mention before ordering or booking a table.

I thought that the option to order more sandwiches at no extra cost was really good value for money. And if your eyes are bigger than your stomach you can always ask them to box it up for you :) 

My favourite sandwich was the smoked salmon without the Jacob's cream and the egg and mayonnaise, quail egg and caviar was delicious. 
The homemade fig jam was amazing and I would have taken a whole jar home if I could.

Chuan Spa
Next stop for these 3 ladies, a one hour relaxation therapy. For £119 (special offer in June) you get to choose 2 treatments. Although it had a very relaxing ambience and good facilities, I wasn't too comfortable paying that amount so gave it a miss, but at least the bride and maid of honour enjoyed it.  
Aqua Kyoto
For dinner, I booked a table at this Japanese restaurant using bookatable.com. We opted for a 3 course set menu for £29 per person. The only problem was that it ended at 7:15pm and after lots of rushing around, my sister and I had to run off without the maid of honour and bridesmaid so we could secure our table. Arriving breathless, we only had 2 minutes to place our order! Luckily it all went through fine and we were reunited with the other two ladies. For starters we tried the tuna, salmon and clam sashimi, two tofu and sesame salads and prawn sushi, which were all very enjoyable.
For mains, we had three spring chickens with coconut risotto and one lamb and roasted potatoes, which was the best dish by far. 

For dessert, there was only one dish available but I can't remember the name but it had white chocolate, mango and a tiny bit of blue candy floss on top.

Dirty Martini
Cocktail time! I was recommended this place by a friend for good drinks and no minimum spend but was warned it gets quite busy so booking a table was recommended.
I had a pear and sparkle, which was disgusting. My sister said it was because they used cheap champagne, so give this one a miss. One to definitely try is the Lychee Bellini :)
It was a good likely atmosphere but quite dark and too loud to hear even the person next to me speaking. So we moved on to The Edge in Soho.

This gay bar has 3 floors of different music and lots of friendly, happy people. Entry is £4 but definitely worth it :)


Despite there being a constant rush to get to each surprise event, I think my sister had a great hen do :)

Comments

Popular Posts