Rabot 1745

I was recommended this place by a friend at work and when I heard that the whole menu included chocolate, I couldn't wait to go for my birthday!
Ken booked the table and after telling them it was my birthday, they brought over a complimentary alcoholic drink served in a martini glass. I'm not sure what it was but it looked and tasted like white wine, with a hint of chocolate. The girls made me drink at work, so I couldn't quite finish it as my head was still hurting..

We decided to skip starters and order our mains.
Lamb and Pork and a portion of chips. I think these were the best chips I've had, if not in a very long time! However the chocolate infused ketchup tasted like mulled wine, so wasn't too keen on the combo. I found the portions quite small but maybe we should have ordered a starter.

Not being able to decide which dessert to go for, we ordered both the sorbets and the chocolate tart. When it arrived, they brought it over with a lit candle :)
The sorbets were quite sharp but refreshing. 

The chocolate tart was dark, decadent and delicious. It had a melt in your mouth chocolate mousse with a buttery and crumbly biscuit base. It was quite rich, so I took the rest of it home to enjoy. 

If you like chocolate / are a chocoholic, I would recommend this restaurant and definitely the chips :) The staff were friendly and the service was great. 
Thanks Ken and Rabot 1745 for making my birthday extra special :)

Rabot 1745 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts