Spicy Herbed Sweet Potato Wedges Recipe

Love sweet potato chips? Here's a recipe to make chunkier and healthier chips / wedges right at home :)
I was a lucky winner on Twitter and won a bottle of Farrington's Mellow Yellow's coldpressed rapeseed oil :) After seeing a sweet potato recipe, I thought I'd put it to use.

I googled a few recipes beforehand just to see how long to cook them for and what temperature but decided to season it with the ingredients I had in my kitchen. I thought I'd add some cayenne chilli pepper powder to give it a bit of warmth but I didn't measure so it sure did pack a punch!


Ingredients
3 tablespoons of Mellow Yellow rapeseed oil 
1 large sweet potato
1 tsp of sea salt 
1 tsp of coarse black pepper
1 tsp of dried mixed herbs 
½ tsp of garlic powder
A pinch of cayenne chilli pepper (leave out if you're not keen on spicy food)

How To Make
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees / gas mark 6.
Peel the sweet potato and cut into eights / wedge like pieces.
Places all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and add the wedges. 
Coat the wedges and place them on to an oven tray for 40 mins, turning them halfway through. 
Take out from the oven and enjoy :)

Thanks Farrington's Mellow Yellow for my oil :) For those looking for a healthier oil, check out Farrington's Mellow Yellow for a great range of oils, dressings and vinaigrettes.  You can purchase their products from Waitress, Sainsbury's and Ocado.





Comments

Popular Posts