Vital Ingredient

I was invited to a bloggers event at Vital Ingredient, where I was able to sample their different smoothies, salads and breakfast pots. I was even able to meet Alex, the founder of Vital Ingredient. Here are a few shots from the event: 

We were invited back to eat at any Vital Ingredient of our choice so I met up with Tim and we went to the Eastcastle branch.

My first struggle was deciding what to get. With the weather being miserable again, I opted for the pork fe... with quinoa and buckwheat, topped with croutons (don't judge!).
The croutons were at first bordering indestructible but then started to soften with the help of the sauce.
The portion size for £5.95 was pretty good and filling too.

The virgin Mojito was made with coconut water so was the healthier option. However if you have a sweet tooth, I'd definitely recommend having it made with apple juice instead :)
For dessert, I went for a large fruit pot, which had strawberries, melon, pineapple  and grapes. Can't got wrong with a fruit salad.
I decided to return a few days later to try their salads. I had to look up their menu online because I knew I wouldn't be able to decide on the spot. You can either create your own or choose one of their signature salads. Both are the same price.

With their create your own, you can choose a base from the fridge and then select 4 vegetable toppings and one deli topping. You can add more deli toppings for an additional cost.

Using baby spinach leaves as my base, I chose smoked tofu, new potatoes, spicy avocado, chickpeas and edamame beans. I went for their dairy-free French Dressing and saw it mixed all together :) It is one of the most delicious salads I've eaten. 
It was so good I went back again the following week and had the same again! 

Don't forget every Friday from 2:30pm onwards, you can get 50% off salads, smoothies and pots in the chilled section. There's also a loyalty card where you can earn points so don't forget to ask :)

Last note - their strawberry jelly is delicious! Only 99p and it's a big pot of yumminess :)



Comments

Popular Posts