Veganuary - Vegan Desserts

Looking for some vegan desserts but don't want to step into the kitchen?

You've come to the right place :) I've made a list of my favourite desserts, which are completely dairy free and some gluten free too. Enjoy!


Pudology

I discovered these little delectable pots of yumminess at VegFest 2015 in London. After trying all 7 flavours, I found my favourite, which was the Millionaire's Pud. It was so good, I bought 8 of them :) The creamy chocolate mousse with the crumbly biscuit base made it difficult for me to share.. You can buy them at Holland & Barrett, Waitrose and Ocado.

Swedish Glace

I've been eating this brand since I was ten years old and have always loved (still do) their chocolate ice cream but it is so hard to find nowadays. If you're a fan of raspberry or simply vanilla, then you're in luck as these are easier to find in Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsburys and Holland & Barrett.

Almond Dream
Can't have soya or just love the taste of almond? Make sure to try Almond Dream, which comes in a wide range of flavours, including Cappuccino Swirl and Toffee Almond Fudge. I have only seen Mint Choc Chip, Praline Crunch and Salted Caramel in Waitrose but I'm sure the other flavours will hopefully make it's way over to the UK soon.  

Frill
I discovered this brand at The Bloggers Hangout and was so happy to find a vegan dessert at this event :) They have a range of different flavours and instead of being an ice-cream, they are a frozen smoothie dessert so you can't feel guilty whilst enjoying this tub of goodness! 


Co-Operative
After spotting that Co-op's jam donuts were vegan on We Are Veganuaryj's website I had to try them! For only 75p, you get a whole bag with four to five donuts inside. Or if you're feeling really greedy you can get two bags for £1. Bargain! But after having tried it, I'm not sure I would buy them again.. They were quite doughy and the jam was quite gloopy, almost like jam paste. I think the price reflects the quality and price of the donuts.


--- For these desserts, you'll have to venture to Camden, London --


Cookies & Scream
For those who follow me on Instagram will know I love this place. Tucked away in Camden Market is my favourite go to place when I'm craving a dessert. I've been so many times, even Mama Chick recognises me :) From incredible vegan milkshakes (zombie ones are the best!) to peanut butter chocolate donuts, there's something for everyone but the menu changes daily so even more of a reason to keep returning! Here's a few photos of what I've bought:

Pomodoro E Basilico
I first met Sara at a festival in Primrose Hill and have been enjoying her homemade vegan treats ever since! My boyfriend even surprised me with one of her custom made cakes! 



I hope you enjoyed reading this post and has made you hungry and motivated you to keep going through Veganuary or to try some new vegan desserts :)

You can also find me on:


 www.facebook.com/makebaketravel

 www.instagram.com/naomi_loo

Comments

Popular Posts