Sacla's Free From Range

After attending Sacla's 25th anniversary event, I was kindly sent a parcel filled with some of their Free From products! Being allergic to dairy and eggs, I couldn't wait to try their vegan friendly range :)



Inside the box was (all Free From):
Basil Pesto, Bolognese Sauce, Creamy Whole Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce, Basil Pesto & Tomato Stir-In, Creamy Tomato Stir-In and Wild Mushroom Risotto. There was also a jar of Besciamella Sauce but this contains milk so is not vegan but is Gluten and Wheat Free.

First sauce to try was the Bolognese Sauce. I added some mince pork, onions, oregano and mushrooms to it. Although I added all those additional ingredients, I found the sauce a bit underseasoned but my boyfriend said he liked the sauve as it wasn't too sharp.

Next to try, Creamy Tomato Stir-In Sauce. This sauce is very convenient and perfect for lunches as you just stir it in to hot pasta and enjoy!
  
This has to be one of the best stir-in sauces I've tried. I love the taste and creaminess even though it is completely dairy free! I sprinked some cracked black pepper on top out of habit but it would have been just as tasty without :)
 
Although the Artichokes in Lemon and Rosemary Infused Oil weren't in the parcel I thought they deserved a mention as they are great in salads! Marinated in a lemon and rosemary infused oil, they add a zesty tang :) 
Instead of using salad cream or a pre-made salad dressing, you can drizzle some of the oil from the artichokes on top as a healthier option :)

Next to try was the Free From Wild Mushroom Risotto. It's been quite a while since I've made it so I literally followed the instructions on the jar. It still turned out the same but here's what I would recommend instead:

- Fry the risotto in 2 tbsp of olive oil, so it coats the rice.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 600ml of boiling water and add to the risotto.
- Add the Wild Mushroom sauce and cook until it's thick and creamy. 


I have still yet to try the pestos but will upload and update when I have!

Thank you Sacla for my lovely box of goodies! You have a made a hungry person very happy :) 

Don't forget to check out their website for their full range of products and recipe ideas:




Comments

Popular Posts