Nakd Bars Review

I was pleasantly surprised to find a parcel full of different flavoured nākd bars at my door, perfect for Veganuary :)

 

I'm sure most of you are familiar with nākd products but in case you aren't, they're made with fruits and nuts and are completely gluten and dairy free and vegan friendly. They are also cold pressed so no nutrients are lost in the manufacturing process and count as 1 of your 5 a day! 

Bakewell Tart
If you love marzipan, you'll love this bar. It tastes just like it! Sweetened with dates, you'll just need the one (unless you really are a marzipan fan).

Apricot Crunch 
You can smell the sweetness coming through the packaging. Great if you're craving something fruity and sweet. The crunchiness comes from the soya crunchies, which adds extra protein and keeps you fuller for longer.

Cocoa Crunch
This bar smells chocolatey but it doesn't match the taste. The texture is much drier than the other bars and the crunchy bits were quite powdery. Despite being a lover of chocolate, this was my least favourite.

Caffe mocha
Although I've always loved the smell of coffee I've never been one to drink it. However, I would drink this bar (if I could). It smells and tastes like coffee but isn't bitter or too overpowering. Will definitely be eating this flavour again!

Rhubarb & Custard
This flavour makes me think back to those hard boiled sweets we used to buy from Costco. However the taste doesn't remind me of it. The smell and flavour of the bar tastes like dried Chinese Sour Plums, which we usually have after a bitter herbal drink. I'm not too familiar with Rhubarb & Custard flavoured things so not sure how to compare. 

Strawberry Crunch
It takes just like strawberry jam but in a bar version! The little pieces of soya protein add random crunchiness - almost like seeded jam. It's quite sweet so just the one was enough for me.

Cocoa Orange Crunch

The smell reminds me of Terry's Chocolate Orange, except this version is better as there is no dairy! The crunchy pieces are kind of similar to having crunchy pieces of honeycomb. So if you like orange flavoured chocolate, be sure to try this one.

Christmas Pud
If you're missing Christmas already, you can relive the flavours with this bar. I'm not a fan of Christmas pudding but was pleasantly surprised by this bar. It's fruity and captures the taste of orange zest / rind.

With very few ingredients, you'll have no reason to feel guilty when enjoying their bars!


For more information on their other products visit www.eatnakd.com

Comments

Popular Posts